Events & Classes
happenings at restaurant trokay
Happy Hour: Friday -Tuesday 5pm-6pm BAR ONLY: 1/2 off wines by the glass and draft beer and specials on cheese plates
Thursday, November 23rd, 2017
A Modern Thanksgiving Inspired by American Tradition
Quartet Inspired the American South
Virginia Ham/Biscuit, Blue Corn Tamale, Shrimp-Stuffed Mirliton, Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
Trio Inspired by the American Midwest
"Green Bean Casserole," Waldorf Salad, Maple/Pecan Sweet Potato
American Heritage Breed Four Story Hill Farms Turkey
Potato Puree, Cranberry Coulis, Berkshire Pork Sausage/Sage Stuffing, Natural Jus
Duo of Thanksgiving Dessert Inspired by the American Northeast
Bourbon/Maple Pecan "Pie," Pumpkin "Pie"
Thanksgiving 4-Course Menu $125//per person
Wine/Beer Pairing $60 Supplement
Non-Alcoholic Beverage pairing $45 Supplement
Saturday, November 25th, 2017
REstaurant trokay's new fall/winter menu opening night
Make reservations to ensure your seat at the table to try our new favorite flavors of fall.
Sunday, November 26th, 2017-12-1:30pm
$78 // per person
Restaurant Trokay and Atelier are pairing up again to bring back their cheese making course this Fall. Join them for an educational culinary adventure.
This workshop will be taught by Restaurant Trokay owner Nyna Weatherson, former head cheesemonger at the world famous Greenwich Village cheese shop, Murray’s. Weatherson will pass on her vast knowledge of cheese and skill guiding students through the mozzarella making process. Students will make their very own batch of mozzarella, all while enjoying a glass of a perfectly paired draft brew. Each person will leave with their own batch of fresh mozzarella, tasting notes, and the know-how to create the cheese again for their friends and family. All supplies included.
Cheese makers who stay for dinner will receive 10% off their meal. Early reservations are recommended for this unique opportunity.
This workshop will be held upstairs at Restaurant Trokay.
10046 Donner Pass Rd
Truckee, CA 96161
Cooking Classes Presented by #teamTrokay
We are pleased to announce cooking classes for all ages and cooking abilities. Whether you want to know how to cook a steak medium-rare, or need to know how to sharpen your knife, there's a class for you. Classes last 2 hours and end with a tasting of the day's work.
KIDS (Kitchen Ins-and-outs for the Discerning Student) Class ($75/person 4 person minimum)
- 8 years of age and up, class for the young or young at heart
- Fun techniques for all ages that will get kids excited about cooking and food.
- Discussion of healthy eating and nutrient-rich (but tasty) foods.
- Students will make ice cream, cookies, jellies, muffins, biscuits
Cheese Classes ($85-$115/person 6 person minimum)
- Class Subject: Cheese 101, Cheese & Beer, Cheese & Sparkling, and many more
- All participants will learn about cheese while enjoying your pairings.
- Tasting notes with each class with knowledge of how to store, enjoy and show your friends your new cheese knowledge.
Knife Skills 101: Proper Vegetable Cuts, Knife Sharpening, Knife Safety ($105/person 2 person minimum)
- How to hold a knife safely and effectively
- Proper station setup for cooking at home, including standard "mise-en-place"
- How to dice, julienne, brunoise and slice like a pro.
- Explanation of different knife styles and their uses
- Wet-stone Sharpening, Honing using knife steel and general knife maintenance.
- "A DULL KNIFE IS A DANGEROUS KNIFE!"
Making Your Own Fresh Pasta ($120/person 2 person minimum)
- Make your own fresh pasta starting from scratch.
- Farfalle (bowtie pasta), Spaghetti, Fettucini, Tagliatelle, Raviolis and more
- Participants will make fresh pasta from scratch, and a variety of sauces.
Basic Kitchen Techniques: How to properly sauté, fry, roast, bake, blanch, braise and boil ($115/person 4 person minimum)
- This introductory class gives hands-on training, learning necessary parameters for cooking great food.
- Learn to taste and season food properly.
- As a class, make four classic dishes that can repeated at home with success.
Roasting Meat like a PRO ($175/person 2 person minimum)
- Learn to perfectly cook each piece of meat, from tender cuts of beef to roasting chicken.
- Oven-sear whole cuts at holiday parties for a show-stopping presentation, be the hostess-with-the mostest!
- Class includes pan-roasting beef tenderloin and oven-roasting whole chicken, recipes and techniques to help you cook like a pro at home.
How to SEE-FOOD (seafood) Perfectly Every time ($185/person 2 person minimum)
- Learning to source fresh seafood regardless of where you are.
- Discussion of sustainability issues in seafood, and food safety
- Class includes demonstrations on: pan-roasting certified sustainable Chilean Seabass, fried calamari, Seared Ahi Tuna, Raw preparation that are easy at home.