Events & Classes
happenings at restaurant trokay
Cooking Classes Presented by #teamTrokay
We are pleased to announce cooking classes for all ages and cooking abilities. Whether you want to know how to cook a steak medium-rare, or need to know how to sharpen your knife, there's a class for you. Classes last 2 hours and end with a tasting of the day's work.
KIDS (Kitchen Ins-and-outs for the Discerning Student) Class ($75/person 4 person minimum)
- 8 years of age and up, class for the young or young at heart
- Fun techniques for all ages that will get kids excited about cooking and food.
- Discussion of healthy eating and nutrient-rich (but tasty) foods.
- Students will make ice cream, cookies, jellies, muffins, biscuits
Cheese Classes ($85-$115/person 6 person minimum)
- Class Subject: Cheese 101, Cheese & Beer, Cheese & Sparkling, and many more
- All participants will learn about cheese while enjoying your pairings.
- Tasting notes with each class with knowledge of how to store, enjoy and show your friends your new cheese knowledge.
Knife Skills 101: Proper Vegetable Cuts, Knife Sharpening, Knife Safety ($105/person 2 person minimum)
- How to hold a knife safely and effectively
- Proper station setup for cooking at home, including standard "mise-en-place"
- How to dice, julienne, brunoise and slice like a pro.
- Explanation of different knife styles and their uses
- Wet-stone Sharpening, Honing using knife steel and general knife maintenance.
- "A DULL KNIFE IS A DANGEROUS KNIFE!"
Making Your Own Fresh Pasta ($120/person 2 person minimum)
- Make your own fresh pasta starting from scratch.
- Farfalle (bowtie pasta), Spaghetti, Fettucini, Tagliatelle, Raviolis and more
- Participants will make fresh pasta from scratch, and a variety of sauces.
Basic Kitchen Techniques: How to properly sauté, fry, roast, bake, blanch, braise and boil ($115/person 4 person minimum)
- This introductory class gives hands-on training, learning necessary parameters for cooking great food.
- Learn to taste and season food properly.
- As a class, make four classic dishes that can repeated at home with success.
Roasting Meat like a PRO ($175/person 2 person minimum)
- Learn to perfectly cook each piece of meat, from tender cuts of beef to roasting chicken.
- Oven-sear whole cuts at holiday parties for a show-stopping presentation, be the hostess-with-the mostest!
- Class includes pan-roasting beef tenderloin and oven-roasting whole chicken, recipes and techniques to help you cook like a pro at home.
How to SEE-FOOD (seafood) Perfectly Every time ($185/person 2 person minimum)
- Learning to source fresh seafood regardless of where you are.
- Discussion of sustainability issues in seafood, and food safety
- Class includes demonstrations on: pan-roasting certified sustainable Chilean Seabass, fried calamari, Seared Ahi Tuna, Raw preparation that are easy at home.