Events & Classes
happenings at restaurant trokay
February 14th, 2017
Avocado Espuma, Dungeness Crab, Cilantro
Beignet, Black Truffle
Egg in Variation, California Asparagus, Puffed Grains, Wasabi, Miso
Pickled Banana, Fresno Chili, Passion Fruit, Celery, Santa Barbara Spot Prawn Crudo
Hackleback Caviar, Shigoku Oyster,Cauliflower, Saffron
Quinault River Steelhead Trout, Pine nut, Stinging Nettles, Wild Spring Onion
Fava Bean, Sweetbread Ragout, Rack of Grass-fed Lamb
Sel Gris Cracker, Local Honey, A Selection of American Artisan Cheese, Many Garnishes
Cheese Course $19 Supplement, $10 Beverage Pairing supplement
Caramelized White Chocolate, Cannelés de Bordeaux, Strawberry Fantasy
$180 per person // Wine Pairing $85 Supplement
Cooking Classes Presented by #teamTrokay
We are pleased to announce cooking classes for all ages and cooking abilities. Whether you want to know how to cook a steak medium-rare, or need to know how to sharpen your knife, there's a class for you. Classes last 2 hours and end with a tasting of the day's work.
KIDS (Kitchen Ins-and-outs for the Discerning Student) Class ($75/person 4 person minimum)
- 8 years of age and up, class for the young or young at heart
- Fun techniques for all ages that will get kids excited about cooking and food.
- Discussion of healthy eating and nutrient-rich (but tasty) foods.
- Students will make ice cream, cookies, jellies, muffins, biscuits
Cheese Classes ($85-$115/person 6 person minimum)
- Class Subject: Cheese 101, Cheese & Beer, Cheese & Sparkling, and many more
- All participants will learn about cheese while enjoying your pairings.
- Tasting notes with each class with knowledge of how to store, enjoy and show your friends your new cheese knowledge.
Knife Skills 101: Proper Vegetable Cuts, Knife Sharpening, Knife Safety ($95/person 2 person minimum)
- How to hold a knife safely and effectively
- Proper station setup for cooking at home, including standard "mise-en-place"
- How to dice, julienne, brunoise and slice like a pro.
- Explanation of different knife styles and their uses
- Wet-stone Sharpening, Honing using knife steel and general knife maintenance.
- "A DULL KNIFE IS A DANGEROUS KNIFE!"
Making Your Own Fresh Pasta ($120/person 2 person minimum)
- Make your own fresh pasta starting from scratch.
- Farfalle (bowtie pasta), Spaghetti, Fettucini, Tagliatelle, Raviolis and more
- Participants will make fresh pasta from scratch, and a variety of sauces.
Basic Kitchen Techniques: How to properly sauté, fry, roast, bake, blanch, braise and boil ($115/person 4 person minimum)
- This introductory class gives hands-on training, learning necessary parameters for cooking great food.
- Learn to taste and season food properly.
- As a class, make four classic dishes that can repeated at home with success.
Roasting Meat like a PRO ($175/person 2 person minimum)
- Learn to perfectly cook each piece of meat, from tender cuts of beef to roasting chicken.
- Oven-sear whole cuts at holiday parties for a show-stopping presentation, be the hostess-with-the mostest!
- Class includes pan-roasting beef tenderloin and oven-roasting whole chicken, recipes and techniques to help you cook like a pro at home.
How to SEE-FOOD (seafood) Perfectly Every time ($185/person 2 person minimum)
- Learning to source fresh seafood regardless of where you are.
- Discussion of sustainability issues in seafood, and food safety
- Class includes demonstrations on: pan-roasting certified sustainable Chilean Seabass, fried calamari, Seared Ahi Tuna, Raw preparation that are easy at home.